Post Pandemic Elixirs (PPE Cocktails)
- Thanks to our readers and staff who helped crowd sourced this fun list of Post Pandemic Elixirs!
Once the pandemic is over and vaccinations have reached critical mass, we’re imagining lots of parties as friends gather in celebration! So here are a selection of Post-pandemic Elixirs (or PPE Cocktails), with names or a twist that are reminiscent of this past year.
Capitol Caramel Apple – Mindy M.
- Combine Caramel Vodka and apple cider, in ratios as needed in the moment.
Can be served warm or cold.
Cooped Up Kir
- 1/4 ounce crème de cassis
- 5 ounces white wine (dry)
Splash of tonic water
- 1 1/2 cup ice
- 1/2 cup diced pineapple, frozen
- 2 ounces pineapple juice
- 2 ounces Coco Lopez coconut cream
- 1 1/2 ounces white rum
- 1 ounce dark rum
- Pineapple slices with the skin removed and the edges cut into jagged shapes to look like a corona.
Put the ice, frozen pineapple, juice, coconut cream, and the white and dark rums into a blender. Blend until smooth and frosty. Pour the drink into 2 glasses and garnish the rim with pineapple slices.
P.S. Did you know you can use the skin to make a healthy pineapple tea with ginger, honey and a bit of sugar? Click here for recipe.
- 1 1/2 ounces citrus vodka
- 1 ounce Cointreau
- 1/2 ounce lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 dash tart cherry juice
- Garnish: lime wedge
Fill a large glass with ice, then add:
- 2 ounces bourbon or rye whiskey
- 1 ounce sweet vermouth
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 dash orange bitters (optional)
- Garnish: brandied cherry
Johnny Jump Up – Michelle M.
Hits the spot when you need something a bit stronger than a glass of wine, or a beer.
- A bottle of your favorite hard cider, preferably not too sweet
- Add a shot of Jamison
Lockdown Long Island Iced Tea
- 1/2 oz vodka
- 1/2 oz gin
- 1/2 oz dark rum for dark times (light rum is the norm)
- 1/4 oz tequila
- 1/2 oz triple sec
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice or possibly to taste
- 6 oz cola or potentially to fill broken ice
Mask Up Margarita
- 1 (6 ounces) can frozen limeade concentrate
- 6 fluid ounces tequila
- 1 oz Cointreau orange liqueur
- 2 fluid ounces triple sec
Rub lemon juice around the rim, and dip glass in a mixture of 50% sugar, 50% salt. (Usually salt, or nothing)
Can be blended with ice as a frozen drink, or served on the rocks.
Movie Binge Mudslide - Danielle L.
- 4 cups crushed ice
- 2 (1.5 fluid ounce) jiggers vodka
- 2 (1.5 fluid ounce) jiggers coffee flavored liqueur
- 2 (1.5 fluid ounce) jiggers Irish cream liqueur
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- ½ cup whipped cream
- Top with chocolate sprinkles or mini chocolate curls, just for the fun of it
- 2.5 oz champagne
- 2.5 oz strawberry orange juice
Combine equal parts of the ingredients in a champagne flute, then add a wedge of orange and a strawberry to the rim
Quarentini – from the Novice Chef Blog
- Vodka (gin, rum, or whatever’s in the liquor cabinet)
- Optional Vitamin C (you can rim the glass with it, add it to the drink or take it straight up)
HONEY SYRUP: Microwave honey and water and stir until you have a honey syrup.
SHAKE: Add vodka, lemon juice and honey syrup to a martini shaker. Whisk to combine. Then add ice and shake it.
STRAIN: Strain into an iced martini glass that has been rimmed with powdered Vitamin C, if desired. Enjoy in your house all by yourself.
Ring-a-Ding-Ding – Helena R.
Fill a glass about 1/3 with ice
- Cover with Absolut Mandarin
- Add a healthy splash of Rose's Lime Juice
- Top with Ocean Spray Sparkling Cranberry to taste
White Russian Hacktail – Carol W.L.
Pour over ice:
- 2 parts vodka
- 1 part Kahlua
- Cream, as desired
- Add a stick of cinnamon, just to stir things up