SUMMER CAMP 2020 - Dead Broke Farm - Raleigh , NC
The days are relaxed with a flexible schedule. The children are free to decide which activity they'd like to participate in when they aren't having their lesson or riding. The playground, clubhouse, and farm animals are accessible to them in a relaxed country environment. You can expect to pick up your children looking like they had fun on a farm all day, who are tired, proud of themselves, and excited to come back the next day to see their horses.
Enrollment is limited to 15 children per week, so early registration is recommended. The ratio of riding instructors to children is 1 to 5 or less. Our camp may not be suitable for parents who desire constant supervision for their children in a highly structured environment.
Camp Activities At Our Horse Farm
1. Western Horseback Riding Lessons (Helmets Provided)
- Tacking up: blanket, saddle, and bridle
- Riding Lesson: mounting, balance, coordination, and control of the horse
- Horse care: grooming, feeding, and general maintenance
- Fundamentals: safety precautions, language of Equus, and trail riding etiquette
2. Guided trail ride daily
3. Deluxe Jungle Gym Set
4. Foosball and Video Games
5. Other farm animals to enjoy
6. Blackberry and blueberry picking (seasonal)
7. Farm chores
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.